Wednesday 5 November 2014

My “Love list”

Have you ever thought about the things you love in your life?


You are about to read the list of things I deem important. I am focussing what I enjoy & make my everyday worthwhile.  The list is not in a specific order.

I LOVE:


SPENDING TIME with family & friends and even though I do not see them everyday, every moment with them is cherished.

TRAVELING. To explore new places, meeting new people & simply enjoying whatever the destination has to offer.

CHALLENGES. It tests our courage, determination & willingness to change. 

LEARN NEW SKILLS. It makes me feel empowered & well equipped for the task at hand.

SOCIALIZING & having a good, meaningful conversation.

See other SUCCEED.

The sound of RAIN.

DANCING. It is good for the body and soul.

KISSES -all types of 'em but the ones on the forehead makes me feel special.

finding a QUOTE or phase that describes my current situation

having an old FAVORITE SONG popping up in my playlist

getting a LETTER in the POST (very old school but I still love it)

TEA- it refreshes & revives me

WINE - A glass a day, keeps the doctor away (my motto...) BUT on a serious note; the antioxidants in red wine may help prevent heart disease so I got to love it!

Good morning MESSAGES

HOLDING HANDS - Sometimes reaching out and taking someone's hand is the beginning of a journey.

HUGS - The nurturing touch of a hug builds trust & a sense of safety. This helps a lot with open and honest communication

INTIMACY with my wife - to me its about being emotionally close to her & letting my guard down - sharing my "inner-world"

WAKING UP beside my wife.

RUNNING - it relieves stress, builds strength, creates happiness and inspires my creativity.

GIFTS - big or small, it's the thought that counts.

SURPRISES - Simply love them, irrespective how unexpected or weird they might be, I always welcome them.

CANDLES - They are comforting & they add ambiance.

MAKING PEOPLE LAUGH

COMPLETION of a project.

Meeting INSPIRING, AMBITIOUS and GOAL-DRIVEN people

FLOWERS - My favourite St Joseph Lillies

A truthful COMPLIMENT (giving and receiving one)

LAUGHING until my stomach aches

SCENIC drives and views

The SOUND of the OCEAN

Behaving silly and not caring what others think - just LETTING MY HAIR DOWN.

Looking at the SUNRISE or SUNSET

Taking pictures

I LOVE the colour RED

So to end this off, my list can shrink or grow as time goes on. Things CHANGE, I change, and so will this list.

Don’t let the things you LOVE get buried in the stress of your daily life cycle or get overpowered by challenging times. Keep them alive by digging into them daily - even if it’s just for 5 minutes. Life is a series of moments to be experienced - always do what you love & enjoy the beauty inside each moment. Do not put off the FUN & JOYOUS things for later. Do them 1st, because you never know if today may be your last!

Live each day in the pursuit of happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment