Wednesday 15 April 2015

Poetry ~ My journey



In recent weeks i have read different types of poems and decided to post few of those. I will give reference to the poet and/or website I got it from as it is not my own work.

Firstly, lets look at what is poetry:

  • It is literary work in which the expression of feelings and ideas is given intensity by the use of distinctive style and rhythm; 
  • a quality of beauty and intensity of emotion regarded as characteristic of poems.


Poetry:
  • welcomes what’s inexpressible.
  • doesn’t demand explanations.
  • makes room for things that are difficult to understand.
  • Allows me to notice things.
  • Can be direct, powerful, thought provoking and beautiful
  • Allows for ways to express frustrations, but also deepest dreams.
  • Allows for way to express / relate stories of strength and resilience.

I have fallen in love with poetry and I hope one day i will be courageous enough to put my own story, what I experienced and what I felt, into a poem...

So the next few posts will be provoking, powerful poetry.




No comments:

Post a Comment